Monday, August 4, 2014

Why Are You So Joyful All the Time?

[Side comment before the actual post: I cannot get the scheduling feature to work on here and I don't know why! If anyone knows how, please do tell me.] << Never mind! I figured out what I've been doing wrong- I think. We'll see if this works for my next post. XD Now, for the actual post!

Zachary Levi, an actor, said,
My job on my set, I believe, is to first just love people and gain that trust with people where they know that I really do love them and care about their well-being, so that when they are running into problems, they will hopefully, at some point, come to me and ask me, "What is your peace all about? What is your comfort all about? Where do you get your love? Where do you get your talents?" And I can turn to them and say without blinking, "Jesus Christ."
Yes, that was a long quote, but I absolutely love what he says there. I saw a picture on Pinterest with that quote written on it, and it's made me think. I want to be one of those people that's always got a smile on their face and does their best to always brighten everyone's day. Why? Because I want people to look at me and ask, "Why are you so joyful all the time?" Then I can turn to them and say, "Jesus Christ."

Think about it. What if every one of us did our best to always act like that? What if we smiled at that kid walking past us in the hall? What if we were always one of the first to go up and say hi to the new kid in school? What if we went up to people who looked like they were having a bad day and asked them what's wrong? What if we got up the courage to ask that kid sitting by himself to come sit with us? What if we even just did something as simple as do that chore our parents have been asking us to do without complaining? Imagine what the difference could be in not only our lives, but also in the lives of the people around us.

I think one of the keys to having this attitude every day is to wake up with a positive attitude. Every morning, I roll out of bed and ask God to help me honor Him today. Secondly, I've been spending more time in God's Word lately.

We all need to pray more. Read the Bible more. Meditate on it. Not only that, but learn to act on it. That's when the real differences will be made.

That way, when someone asks you why you're so joyful all the time, you can turn to them and say, "Jesus Christ."

2 comments:

  1. I've actually heard that quote before! A lot of the time, you know, you hear bad stories about actors and what they're doing off the set and whatever, and I think it's quite refreshing to hear about actors like Zachary Levi instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I love finding out a famous person I like is a Christian. (Not that I knew who Zachary Levi was before I saw that quote) But still, the idea stands. XD

      Delete