Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Beautiful People


(Okay, before I get on with the actual post, please let me jump up and down with excitement that I just posted that pic through an html tag!! I didn't know if I'd be able to do it, and I did it on my first try (well, kinda, unless you count that other time I was trying to figure out how to do that some completely different way XD)!! =D) Now, for the post. :P

Well, I found this linkup called Beautiful People today through Tara Therese's blog, and it looks like a ton of fun, so I'm joining in! (By the way, so much for my schedule for posts. I told y'all- I like to make schedules but not stick with them. XD)

Okay, so I'm doing this for one of my MC's from that new fantasy idea I mentioned the other day. She also happens to be the MC from my MMC story. That definitely wasn't intentional when I wrote the story, but after the fact, I decided I liked it, so I incorporated it into my idea. =D Anyways, her name is Laira (no last name) and because I just want to be different like that, I'm going to type her answers to Cait's and Sky's questions (which I think were actually submitted by Ana, A Finch of the Imagination (sorry, I don't have your blog link because I just found these links from the Beautiful People post. :P), and Rachel) in first person.

1.) What does your character regret most in their life?
Not hugging my mother one last time before these savages invaded our land. And not attacking the palace when I got the chance. That rebel army is futile without me. They won't get anything done now.

2.) What is your character's happiest memory? Most sorrowful memory?
My happiest memory would have to be the time I joined the rebels. That's where I met my best friend. My most sorrowful memory is a dead-tie between the day my father got struck by a shard of the Divide and began to turn into a Changeling and yesterday- the day I was taken.

3.) What majorly gets on your character's nerves?
Ugh, I can't stand it when people decide that listening to me isn't a good idea, so they turn around and go do something stupid just to spite me. Or when they patronize me either because I'm young or because I'm a girl.

4.) Do they act differently when they're around people as opposed to being alone? If so, how?
My parents and Lance say that I'm more guarded and stuff when I'm around people. Apparently, I'm more of myself when I'm alone. Lance says I'm nicer and more relaxed when I'm alone. *shrugs*

5.) What are their beliefs and superstitions?
I believe in the Creator and that He's somehow going to get me through all this craziness. How? Well, I'm just glad I don't have to worry about that. As far as superstitions go, nope, none. I think they're crazy.

6.) What are their catchphrases, or things they say frequently?
I've been told that I tell people to go live with a pig a lot. *shakes head* I really don't say it that much, just when people annoy me or make me angry. Wait... Hmm... Maybe I do say it quite a bit. Maybe I should work on that.

7.) Would they be more prone to facing fears or running from them?
Facing them, definitely. I don't care how much I want to run, I'm not going to.

8.) Do they have a good self image?
Well, yeah, I think I do. I guess it's just as good as the next girl's. (Katheline here: Yes, she does have a good self-image. She's actually a little over-confident. We'll have to work on that throughout the story. XD)

9.) Do they turn to people when they're upset, or do they isolate themselves?
I definitely isolate myself. Talking to people about my feelings *shudders* I don't know about that. If I do end up going to someone, I guess it would have to be either my parents or Lance. That's it. No one else.

10.) If they were standing next to you, would it make you laugh or cry?
Well, I think I would just smile and say, "Nice to meet you." I'm pretty funny, so I'd probably make myself laugh a little bit, too. Oh, that question wasn't for me to answer? Fine. I'll just sit back and see what she has to say. *crosses arms and taps foot* Katheline here: Well, if I was a normal person, I would probably be crying right now at the glare she's giving me, but I'm not normal, so I'm laughing really, really hard. It's just funny how angry that glare of hers is, especially considering I know we're going to be working out those anger issues throughout the course of the novel. XD

Well, that wraps up the character interview! That was a lot of fun! Thanks for hosting this, Cait and Sky! :D


4 comments:

  1. I think I'd be laughing too! I was snickering at her answer to #3. I always get frustrated when people don't listen to me either...omg, don't they know I'm always right?! ;) lol
    Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HahaXD Right?? She's definitely one of those snarky characters who needs to work on some kindness *and* modesty XD

      Delete
  2. I love first person answers! 6 made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HahaXD That was definitely something I came up with on the spot lol.

      Delete